How We Used the #FOCUS140 Money
So almost a year ago we launched our 1st Annual Keep FOCUS Growing Initiative (#FOCUS140) and raised $31,000 to keep FOCUS going and growing!
In the 10 months since then, so much has happened. Together with your help, we:
- Established a major new ministry at UT Arlington and started groups at both NCTC and TWU Dallas as well. This means we are reaching students on 9 campuses now!
- Finished establishing FOCUS as a separate church legally, which protects our assets and ensures they will be used for campus missions in the years to come. It also gives us increased flexibility to meet the specific needs of our mission field.
- Launched a new website to meet administrative needs and better communicate with incoming students.
- Welcomed 14 new full-time interns, our largest class to date.
- Trained more than 150 student small group leaders to be missionaries to their campuses!
We are poised and ready for future opportunities because of those generous gifts. I've outlined below (in rounded numbers) how we spent that money. I tried to keep it general, but I'm happy to answer more specific questions as needed.
|UTA launch expenses (leader retreat, moving expenses, sound equipment, etc)||$5,200.00|
|Outreach and advertising to new students (for 9 campuses)||$4,500.00|
|Printing FOJ books for the new year (enough for 675 one-on-one studies!)||$900.00|
|Staff development (seminary coursework and staff prep days)||$4,300.00|
|Paying for counseling for students (who need it but can't afford it)||$1,400.00|
|New website (design, launch, and first year)||$1,400.00|
|Internship expenses to help fund 14 interns (books, event costs, etc)||$9,000.00|
|Legal expenses and fees as we finalized our new corporation||$2,800.00|
|Prepping 150+ student leaders for the year (materials and meals)||$1,500.00|
A special “Thank You!” to all of you who gave. Our 2nd Annual Keep FOCUS Growing Initiative will launch in November!