2018 STUDENT INSTITUTE OF CAMPUS MINISTRY (SICM)
Thursday, May 10th – Saturday, May 19th
Already registered? [CLICK HERE TO MAKE A SICM PAYMENT]
Want to give a scholarship? [CLICK HERE TO SCHOLARSHIP A STUDENT]
The 2018 May Student Institute of Campus Ministry (SICM) trip will start on Thursday, May 10th and end on Saturday, May 19th. We will be traveling on Thursday, May 10th in the morning so please plan your schedules accordingly and talk to your professors now. You will be notified at a later date about your flight details. All transportation during the trip will be coordinated and provided by the FOCUS or SICM staff. Details regarding carpooling to the airport will be provided closer to the date of departure.
What is SICM?
At SICM you will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience and learn about campus ministry from some of the most experienced campus pastors in the country. Come ready to be challenged, come to be filled, and come to change the world. In just one week, you will gain personal & practical growth in small group leadership, evangelism, prayer, worship, Bible study, and a whole lot more. After SICM, you will return to your college or university with a deeper understanding of God’s purpose in your life and the lives of those around you. Plus you’ll take back some great tools and ministry skills to help realize that purpose. The SICM program is hosted and presented by Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF).
WHAT IS CCF?
Campus Christian Fellowship (CCF) is a Chi Alpha Campus Ministry. It was started by students in 1972 as an interdenominational Christian student organization at Western Washington University. Since then, CCF has also begun ministries at Whatcom Community College and Skagit Valley College.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CCF, THE SICM HOSTING MINISTRY, VISIT WWW.CCFMINISTRY.COM OR WWW.NWSICM.ORG
**DO NOT REGISTER FOR SICM ON THE CCF OR THE NW SICM PAGE.
|AIRLINE TICKETS||$400*||(INCLUDES ROUNDTRIP FLIGHT FROM DFW TO WASHINGTON)|
|TRAVEL EXPENSE||$240||(INCLUDES ALL TRANSPORTATION COSTS AND HOTEL COSTS)|
|CCF/SICM REGISTRATION||$175||(COST FOR PARTICIPATION IN SICM)|
|TOTAL COST:||$815*|| *DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE UP TO $40 OFF YOUR SICM TRIP.
$20 OFF FOR PAYING IN FULL BY MARCH 2ND. $20 OFF FOR PAYING BY CASH OR CHECK
|SICM DEPOSIT:||$350||(DUE THURSDAY, MARCH 1st)|
We also suggest you bring an additional $100 for food, spending money, or souvenirs. You will need to keep track of your own spending money.
* We are estimating the airline ticket at $400 but when we book the actual tickets, we will try to book tickets at a lower price. Once all the tickets for SICM are purchased, if the average cost of the airline tickets is lower than $400, we will refund the difference to each student attending SICM.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
|THURSDAY, JANUARY 25TH||BEGINNING OF SICM REGISTRATION|
|MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH||LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR SICM|
|THURSDAY, MARCH 1ST|| SICM DEPOSITS DUE ($350) Talk to a staff member if you need to make other arrangments
LAST DAY TO PAY A DISCOUNTED PRICE OF $795 FOR SICM
|MONDAY, APRIL 2ND||RECOMMENDED DUE DATE FOR PARTIAL SICM PAYMENT ($230)|
|TUESDAY, MAY 8TH||FINAL PAYMENT DUE ($235)|
|TUESDAY, MAY 8
ARLINGTON: 7:00 PM (TBD)
DENTON: 7:30 PM (TBD)
COLLIN COLLEGE: 8:30 PM (TBD)
UTD/RLC: 9:30 PM (TBD)
YOU ARE WELCOME TO PURCHASE YOUR OWN TICKETS FOR TRAVELING TO SICM. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS WITHOUT CONFIRMING YOUR FLIGHT INFORMATION WITH YOUR FOCUS CAMPUS DIRECTOR.
Since we have very specific transportation needs, it is very important that you make flight arrangements that will correspond to the following details:
- Arrive in Seattle on Thursday, May 10th. You may arrive at any time, but please note that if you arrive before our group arrives, you will need to take a free shuttle to our hotel near the airport.
- Return to Texas on Saturday, May 19th. You may fly out of Bellingham Airport (BLI) or SeaTac (SEA) for your return flight to Texas. If you fly out of Bellingham, you are welcome to fly at any time. If you are flying out of SeaTac, we recommend that you book at a flight that leaves after 11am so that we can arrange for you to take a shuttle back in to Seattle to catch your flight. Please keep in mind that the shuttle back to Seattle can take anywhere from 2.5 hrs – 3 hrs.
**If you are unable to reconcile your schedule with the SICM travel dates, you might consider the June SICM session. June SICM will be June 16th -22ND. If there are enough people who cannot attend the May SICM session, FOCUS will organize a June trip. **
What if I can’t afford to pay for SICM?
Here are a few suggestions for how you can pay for your SICM trip.
- Can you pay for the trip in payments? Below are some payment options available to you:
- Payment Option 1: $350 deposit, $120/month for 4 months
- Payment Option 2: $350 deposit, $80/month for 6 months
- Talk to a member of your campus staff for more payment plan options
- Ask family members, church friends, and people you know to sponsor your trip to SICM. For example, a student one year went door to door on the street that she grew up to get sponsors for her trip.
- Talk to your home church about sponsoring your trip. If your home church is Northeast Garland, Wylie Northeast or Denton North Church, please do not solicit these churches as they are already supporting the FOCUS ministry.
- Host a fundraiser. Talk to the campus staff listed below if you’re interested in this option.
- Sell tickets for the Spring Showcase! This is the best opportunity for you to raise funds for your trip. Spring Showcase is a fundraiser concert that FOCUS puts on to help pay for SICM. The time and dates are still TBD.
Every ticket sale directly supports a student. There also may be opportunities for you to volunteer at the event to earn credit towards your trip. Ask a staff person for more details.
If you foresee any problems paying for the trip before May 8th, please speak to a FOCUS staff member as soon as possible.
Okay, so I think I need to fundraise. What now?
Contact one of the staff members listed below for your corresponding campus to get more information about fundraising and to request a fundraising packet.
- Dallas Area: Dawn McElroy- Dawn@anyfocus.org – (972) 365-3322
- Denton Area: Danielle Rodriguez Clark – Danielle@anyfocus.org – (214) 449-6044
- Collin College: Ryan Bristow – Ryan@anyfocus.org – (940) 205-3743
- Arlington: Sarah King – Sarah@anyfocus.org – (972) 345-1741
How do I register for SICM?
If you have not yet registered, please do so [here]
**DO NOT REGISTER FOR SICM ON THE CCF OR THE NW SICM PAGE.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while registering for SICM:
Be sure to have your driver’s license or passport handy when you register for SICM. We need specific driver’s license/passport information to book airline tickets.
Travel Details – If you plan on traveling separate from the SICM group, please tell us in detail about your travel plans in the comments area of the registration form.
Allergies/Food Restrictions/Disabilities – If you have any restrictions that might affect your travel arrangements or living arrangements during SICM, please let us know. We will try to accommodate what is possible.
Where will I be staying during SICM?
Thursday, May 10th
On the first night of our trip we will be staying in a Seattle area hotel. Lunch and dinner on Thursday will not be provided, so please plan to bring some money for these meals. On Friday morning, a free breakfast will be provided by the hotel.
Friday, May 11th
On Friday you will get to do some sightseeing in Seattle during the day and then we will drive to Bellingham in the afternoon. You will need to bring money for lunch and dinner on Friday. We will be staying in a hotel in the Bellingham area on Friday night. On Saturday morning, a free breakfast will be provided by the hotel. You will also need money for lunch on Saturday.
May 12th – 19th
During your stay at SICM, you will be living with a host family from the Bellingham area. They will be providing you with a place to sleep and all the food you will need during the week. Your SICM hosts do all of this without any compensation, so please be on your best behavior and don’t be shy about showing your appreciation and thankfulness to these generous families.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SICM INFORMATION SHEET