GIFTS THAT LEAVE A LEGACY
1. Wills & Bequests
Provide now for a future gift to FOCUS by including a provision in your will or other estate plans.
Helpful info in the document below:
– How does a bequest work?
– Is your will due for an update?
– See sample bequest language.
If you have already left FOCUS in your will, or if you plan to do so, please let us know so we can show our appreciation and better plan for the future.Download Bequest Information
Please use the following legal name and tax identification for bequests:
Fellowship of Christian University Students Inc.
318 N. Shiloh Road
Garland, TX 75042
Tax ID Number:
2. Life Insurance
If you have a life insurance policy that you no longer need because of a change in your life circumstances, you can give a paid-up policy to FOCUS or other charity, or even a policy on which you are still paying premiums.
There are two simple ways to set up a gift of life insurance.
- You can irrevocably designate FOCUS as the owner and beneficiary of your life insurance policy, and you may be entitled to a generous charitable income tax deduction.
- You can name FOCUS as an irrevocable beneficiary of your life insurance policy, but retain ownership of the policy itself. You can call or write to your insurance company to request a form to make this change of beneficiary.
3. Retirement Plans
Most people do not use all of their retirement assets during their lifetime, and those unused assets can be used to make a gift to FOCUS.
A retirement plan can be a tax-efficient and simple way to include FOCUS in your estate plan. Because charities do not pay income taxes on the donations they receive, distributions to charities will avoid being taxed as income.Retirement Plan Information
4. Mutual Funds
If you have a mutual fund and are looking to donate the proceeds to FOCUS, you may qualify to receive a charitable deduction. Please consult with a professional advisor to confirm.
How to give through a mutual fund:
- Name Fellowship of Christian University Students as the “payable on death” beneficiary of a mutual fund.
- Close your mutual fund account, and donate the funds to FOCUS.
You may also be able to donate mutual funds electronically. Download the resource below for instructions.Download Stock Transfer Form
FOCUS is a faith-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all gifts are tax-deductible. Your contribution is made with the understanding that FOCUS maintains complete control and administration over the use of the donated funds, and we do so with the sole mission of making and maturing disciples to God’s glory on our campuses.
*If you have general questions please contact email@example.com.